Monday, July 16, 2012

Success!

Sunday, Hubby wasn't feeling to good. He claims to have had a sore throat. Ahem! I call that an excuse not to get physical. Who knows? I realize he has to take that initiative to exercise. I can only offer him to do it with me. Regardless I took all 3 kids with me to the track. While I was walking/jogging with my oldest daughter, my son and his little sister were playing soccer. They were practicing soccer kicks and drills. My oldest complained the whole time we were walking/jogging. I tried to make conversation about movies, shows and her friends. I found out that Sunday was National Ice Cream Day. I made a deal with her that we would have ice cream 2 small scoops only if we did an extra mile to offset the ice cream. She agreed to the deal and that was her motivation. We did 4 miles of half jogging and walking. The last lap we did jog non-stop. Which felt great! Later on in the evening we got some ice cream. Keep in mind I haven't had sweets for a week. I had the ice cream and it was good. However, I found it to sweet. Which is weird since I have had that particular flavor several times and it never seemed that way. Huh! Go figure?! After eating my 2 small scoops, I was all over the place. I was dancing, singing and talking super fast. LOL! My oldest was the one to point, that I was experiencing a sugar rush. Who knew that at 35 you can experience that again. The best part is that hubby asked me if I wanted to get some Chipotle for dinner. I looked at him with a dumb founded look. It blew my mind that he would ask me that. Hello!? Don't you see me working my butt off to get a hold of my weight? I told him "Hell to the No!". I'm going to cook and make some roasted chicken, sauteed green beans and steamed rice. Mind you I'm avoiding the carbs at night. I substituted the steamed rice for a salad, on top of the green beans. In a nutshell that was my Sunday. 

Good Morning Monday! Guess what I did today? I decided to appeal my curiosity and see how much I weighed. I pulled out the old dusty cob webbed scale and hopped on. I weighed myself with no shoes and just my jammies. My weight this morning was ONE HUNDRED AND THRITY POUNDS! Yup 130 lbs. even! I couldn't believe my eyes. I was thrilled and over the moon about it. So I lost 6.8 lbs. in one week. After that glorious news I ate my oatmeal with a smile on my face. Normally, I like to veg out and watch TV or catch up on my DVR. Today my body was asking for some physical activity. So I went for a jog. Yes, you heard me a jog. I was able to jog for 2 miles. So I did a warm up walk of 400m, then the rest I jogged. Every now and then I walked to catch my breath. I only allowed myself to do that for about 30 seconds. I made sure to push myself from my walking comfort zone. After it was all done I was nothing but hot sweaty mess. I felt so great afterwards. Monday night came and that meant Boot Camp. Off to Boot Camp I went. I felt great after that 2 mile jog, that I was feeling cocky. I thought, okay I can take today's Boot Camp like a champ. I can do this! LOL! Well, was I wrong! The instructor kicked our butts tonight. We did all the same exercise except in different order. The work out seemed way more intense tonight. If I thought I was a hot sweaty mess earlier today, I was wrong. I was drenched! I felt sweat coming out of pores that I couldn't believe it was possible. Even though it kicked my butt, I was able to keep up with the class. That to me was a success.

Remember that baby steps to a new you, is a great start to changing your life. I dove in head first, that's just me though. I don't do well with baby steps I tend to back out of my goals. Whatever works for you, just go with it and try your hardest to stick with it. It's hard but the pay off will be well worth it, in the end. Just know that you are not alone with your struggle. I struggle everyday and all can do is try my best. So just keeping trying! With Sunday's and Monday's success under my belt, I'm calling it a night.

Ciao, 
Molly

Feel free to comment or ask any questions about what kind of exercise I'm doing. Or if you have any questions regarding what I'm eating or cooking. How do you deal with your eating or exercise struggles? What are your exercise routines?


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats Molly! Let me know about the next session of boot camp I might join you, I have to look into the modifications for my condition. I'm sooooooooo proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete